Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Served







Wow!  What an amazing day we had delivering water to Cite Soleil, the poorest of the poor in the Western  Hemisphere. Every evening in the guest house we sit in a circle and share our "word of the day".  My word today after serving on the water truck was "served"....not serve...but "served".  At our first stop I was holding a precious little girl, half dressed, as we took a little tour of the area.  As we walked, this precious little one wiped the sweat off my face and moved the hair sticking to my face.  Then she started singing "God is so good, He's so good, He's so good, God is!"  Totally loving me, sharing her joy and serving me....  Then at our second spot I was holding two little ones and when it got too hard for me to hold them both,  I sat down and gained a third.  As I was moving, the rubberband fell out of my hair and a few older teenage girls came over and started braiding my hair in the beautiful, perfect braids like they have in their hair (and, I might add, picking out the gray ones they found and totatlly laughing in amazement).  They were totally serving me, loving me, connecting with me....I started out the day ready to serve God's precious people and instead God's precious people served me.

And by the way....I couldn't have been prouder of our amazing teenage boys serving, laughing, and loving the people of Haiti!



No comments:

Post a Comment